Love yourself it is important to stay positive
- one to one
- Group Sessions
- Direct Referrals
- Support Buddy
Discriminatory abuse is when someone picks on you or treats you unfairly because something about you is different. This can include unfair or less favourable treatment due to a person's race, gender, age, disability, religion, sexuality, appearance or cultural background.
Everyone has the right to be treated equally and express and practice their beliefs and values.
Discriminatory abuse can include:
- unequal treatment due to race, gender, religion, age, sexuality or disability
- verbal abuse, inappropriate language, slurs, harassment and deliberate exclusion
- denial of basic human and civil rights e.g. allowing people to follow their own spiritual or cultural beliefs or choice about their own sexuality
- failure to meet and take into account religious and cultural needs of an individual
- racist graffiti or bringing racist material (magazines, leaflets) into the vulnerable individuals home